Humaniti takes security very seriously. It's our #1 priority. Our team at Humaniti are also Humaniti application users, so we require the same peace of mind as you do that your (and our) account information is safe at all times.
We understand that by linking your financial accounts with Humaniti, you are trusting us with your data. We sometimes get questions about whether it's safe to link your accounts and share your data with Humaniti, so we've put together this summary to explain how we ensure your account and data is safe.
Our security promise to you:
- When you link your accounts, we do not store your bank, super or share trading login details.
- We work with illion and Basiq (leading Australian financial services data partners) to securely link your accounts and fetch your data using read-only transaction fetching technology.
- We use the latest encryption technology.
- Your Humaniti dashboard and insights are read only.
- We partner with leading cybersecurity experts based in Australia to ensure our systems are extremely robust, secure and frequently tested against threats.
- We use SSL encryption and firewalls to protect Humanitirians data.
How we link your accounts
Depending on your institution (e.g. CommBank, Westpac, St.George, Sun Super, etc), account linking will be facilitated using read-only transaction fetching technology provided by either Basiq or Illion. Both Basiq and Illion are leading and accredited Australian financial service providers, with secure connections to over 200 financial institutions in Australia. Their technology is used to power a broad number of fintech and banking applications in Australia, including Credit Simple, Zip Pay, Wisr, Beforepay, Regional Australia Bank, among many others.
Why we ask you to enter your credentials
We get it, it might seem a little strange at first when we prompt you to enter your institution login credentials. We need to you to do this so that we can establish a secure connection with your bank. Without a consented connection to your financial institutions, we cannot offer our personal finance and budgeting products and features to you and core features of the app will be inaccessible.
We cannot transact with your account
When you link your accounts, that allows us to establish a secure connection with your institution to fetch data in a read-only format. We cannot login to your account or transact on your behalf.
You can read more about our security practices here https://www.humaniti.com/security/